28 November 2005

Tiny Bubbles

Oh the wonders of a bath.
Now keep in mind, I am not a girly girl. Nope, that is not me.
However, when we were choosing what I called the Barbie Dream House, I was enamored with what the manufacturer's literally called the fantasy bath. It features a huge tub that a small child could swim in. An adult can also be lost in it, although in an entirely different way.

I haven't had a bath in...well, let's just say since I was a child. I had to remember how to put bubbles in, to place the towel where I could reach it. Oh and a hand towel so I could read a book with dry hands. I have also figured out how many candles it takes to read said book without the glare of overhead lighting.

It is remarkable how simple water can literally float away stress of a day. How does it do it? It's just water!
Is it the being shut in a room where no one can bother you? Perhaps. Is it the fact that you're doing something only for yourself? Perhaps. Truthfully, who cares? It's wonderful.

Tonight's bath was something completely different. I had the, dare-I-say, JOY of listening to Christmas Carols while I relaxed. Not just top 40 Christmas songs but belt 'em out at the top of your lungs Christmas Carols. How fun is that!?! In fact, the book was discarded while I listened and sang along.

Even my husband, every bit of a man's man, has enjoyed a bath or two. Nothing takes the sting of 30-degree weather out of your bones like a bath you can swim in.
In fact, he was the first to take a bath in the new house, even advised me that "You only fill it to here, because if you dunk under you'll swamp the bathroom." This said, of course, with the smile of a six-year-old boy.

So, even if it's only for five minutes...go take a bath. Light a candle, play the radio, read a book, stare at the wall, blow bubbles. It is remarkable how rejuvenating it can be. I am new girl, relaxed and now even more in the Christmas mood! All because of water.

No comments: