25 August 2007

Places I have Wandered to...

I am cheating a little, dear friends. I seem to have a little ADD mixed in with my OCD and now a dash of PTSD to make a lovely psychological alphabet soup. This is keeping me from spending much time with the computer beyond playing Spider Solitaire and checking my email. So, without further ado...Places I've wandered to...

This is a blog that passed along by a friend. He's crass and sometimes you have to wade through some stuff to get to the point, but I found it worth the wading. It's amazing to me that someone would actually move to Thailand on purpose...
http://ingnominousoffences.blogspot.com/

Hmmm. I thought about this site a lot. There have been times in my life that I might have used this. Perhaps even in current time. Must think on this...
http://www.say-so.org/

This site was also passed along by my co-worker. Good for a giggle.
http://www.stitchymcyarnpants.com/

And it's companion site...although it looks like it is discontinued now.
http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/

For my fellow book nerds/book whores...the very same coworker referenced above is beginning her dream book business, online to start then with a brick & mortar version someday. She's just beginning so bookmark this (pun intended) and visit later.
http://www.nevermorebooks.blogspot.com/

And from my e-friend Terry in Chicago... www.ayntk.blogspot.com Terry's sister is running for office! This is an email that I am passing along to you all just for fun. It's kind of fun watching a campaign that one has no personal stake in. Amy has mentioned doing a blog describing the process as she goes along. Welcome to the New Century's Elections.

As most of you are probably aware by now, my ambitious younger sibling has decided to do something completely crazy: run for political office! Over the past couple of months, AmySue has been busily getting all of the pieces in place for a serious run at the Illinois 5th District Senate Seat. It's a big area to represent, including a large chunk of Chicago, and a big responsibility to hold elected office - but I can honestly say I don't know too many people better qualified to make a difference than my little sis. She's an ambitious, critical thinker with great ideas and an excellent understanding of how government works (and doesn't work, as our current leadership downstate has been demonstrating). Further, AmySue is genuine - someone who really cares about people and the problems we all face. She's the kind of person we need more of in elected office, so I am proud to say I support her all the way...and I hope you will join me in that support. Here's all I ask... won't you PLEASE visit her website and make a small donation to her campaign fund. Or a not-so-small one if you can manage it. She really needs all the support she can get between now and February's primary. Any help you can offer today, however small, would go a long way toward helping her make it happen. And it would sure make a great birthday gift! :) The site is a work in progress, but the link to donate is very secure: www.AmySueMertens.org

No comments: