14 July 2008

Pissy VanCranky Pants

I used to love the Garfield cartoons when I was a kid. "I hate Mondays" was posted on my locker in school. Today was that kind of a day. I had a task, dealing with a unpleasant - and that's the nicest descriptor I can come up with - person first thing this morning and I was dreading it. Don't you just hate that?

And although it was over by 11:00, it just set the tone for the whole day. I was exhausted by the negative energy.

So, this afternoon I came home, took off my shoes (did I mention I have a bug bite on the top of my foot? yeah, nice.) laid down on our most comfy bed and read a book. A little bit of bliss for about thirty minutes.

Now, Hyper Boy is home and I have laundry to do. And the dog shed the entire length of the house. And the garden needs watering. Sigh....... Calgon, Take Me Away!

If I'd just thought about bringing take-out home. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day, Scarlett.

No comments: