20 August 2008

Rainy Days

My weather friend Scott used Rocky Horror Picture Show in his forecast today. A lyric from "Time Warp" and for that I am eternally devoted to him.

It is one of those beautiful rainy Washington days that I love. Where it actually rains and everything smells lovely and appears shiny. As a native, I love this weather and as far as all of you are concerned: it rains like this all the time! (;-D I like you and everything but stay away.

The best way I can describe the last rainfall is it's as if God held a garden hose on full power over the house.

If you look in the background, against the trees, that is actually rain. Also, our deck isn't usually shiny.

((Props to my F-i-l, MG, and my nephew who built & stained that deck!))

We're due for summer weather again in a few days but this is just a taste of what Fall will bring. There's a tiny part of me that's ready for Fall. Unlike most, my life slows down in the Fall & Winter. We nearly go into hibernation mode.
On the flip side, I always end up in September wondering where the summer went and why I didn't spend more time outside. At least today, I have a reason...although I do still have to walk to get the mail...oh the joys of living in the country. It's okay, I have a raincoat. Who needs an umbrella!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Firegirl said...

Email from Scott re: Rocky Horror Forecast:

I owe that one to my wife. She's made a diaper changing song for Shea to the Time Warp tune (It's a tab on the left, and then a tab on the riiiiight. Pull it up real slow, and make sure it's on tight…) and it's been stuck in my head.

She's a big fan of RHPS -- I've never seen it (gasp!) :)
_Scott