03 September 2008

Random Items of the Day

This is my favorite group of items, I think, in the entire house. They're to the left of my monitor.

The picture is a Jody Bergsma print that is absolutely my favorite print of hers. (least favorites: hung in the closet :-) )

The lighthouse is actually a candle-holder from Party-Lite. It was a gift from the staff at the school. It's soothing when I take the time to light it up. The camera won't pick up the lighting though.

The angel is from my brother and nieces. Made in Italy, it's a Catholic angel of something or other. I have designated her my writing angel.

The rock is from Dash Point...picked up at a low-point in my life. It's quite possibly the perfect rock.

And isn't it strange how the group goes together? It wasn't done purposefully, it just kind of happened. All of the items were given/gotten within years of one another.

Lighthouses have become a theme in this house & my life. I read once not to decorate with a theme that is not centrally located near your house. As I live in the middle of the woods, I guess I'm breaking that rule. In fact, the nearest lighthouse is a ferry ride away. *shoulder shrug* Oh well.



No comments: