29 September 2008

Tummy Trouble

My nephew copes with, what we think is, IBS. About two weeks ago, he backed up....he'll be so pleased I'm discussing this with the world...meaning that he was constipated with a capital C.O.N.S.T.I.P.A.T.E.D. It was so bad he ended up in the ER twice.

The night we went to see Vince Mira, he went along. He was meeting friends there and was supposed to go on a blind date. Kevin was telling me this as we walked out to the van. Without thinking, I quietly asked Kevin "Does she know he can't poop?"
I got that look from husbands that you get when you say something wildly inappropriate. (or is that just me? :-) I laughed and said "I said it quietly, to you. Not to him at least" and he smiled.

During dinner, we were sympathizing with the nephew about his issues. Kevin leans forward and says "You want to know what your aunt said about you?" and he proceeded to tell him what I said, over my laughing protests. Needless to say, the whole family went up in laughter.

Later, on the way home, we were teasing him off and on. Finally the topic changed and Kevin said "When monkeys fly out of my ass..." (one of his trademark comments, entertaining isn't he?)
Again, without thinking, I said "And *Nephews Name* is jealous."

The nephew groaned, of course but then said "Will you guys get Off My Ass! and I mean that literally!!!!!!"

No comments: