17 October 2008

Now for your Viewing Pleasure

I've already broken my sworn oath not to watch any new television shows. I still am pissed at all television executives that cancel good shows - October Road, The Riches, Las Vegas- but allow Denise Richards to have one moment of television time. But I broke down the other night and tried a new show: The Mentalist.

I simply couldn't resist Simon Baker. It's just impossible. Dude, that smile. For the love of all things holy, that smile! *swoon*

The show you would Never Guess that I like watching is .... The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.
Yep, I admit it.
It's not sexist as it seems. I automatically assumed that it was going to be all hot bodies and money-shot poses. It's really not. Those girls work hard. Really hard. Harder than I would want to. They have to be somewhat smart, they don't accept tiny brained chickies. It's fascinating.


Oh, and I stumbled across the strangest show on Fine Living Network Wednesday night. It's called "Whatever, Martha" and it is Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis watching her mother's show and talking SMACK about her the whole time. It's like Mystery Science Theater with Mommy Issues.

Alexis has some serious rage issues toward Martha. Seriously. (but really, who doesn't?) It's a little uncomfortable watching but it's strangely mesmerizing as well.

My new favorite is Bonnie Hunt's new talk show. It's like sitting down to a visit with a friend. I love, love, love, love her. If you've never seen "Return to Me", I demand that you go TIVO it, Rent it, Netflix it, whatever. She wrote & directed it and it's just wow.
Anyway, I watch her in the morning before I go to work. Ellen too. It makes sending Kevin off to work at 6 am a little more reasonable.

And the other show that I NEVER thought I would enjoy is "Reba" on Lifetime. It's on when I get home and it's actually pretty darn funny. My m-i-l said that our uncle was once married to a woman just like Brock's new wife. To me, that makes it funnier as I have a frame of reference.


Otherwise, it's the standard fare: Thursday nights on NBC. Monday night sitcoms on CBS. (I'm a little attracted to Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. Is that wrong?) Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters on Sundays. Dirty Sexy Money is campy fun.

I watch Grey's Anatomy online. It's kind of a nice way to watch it. You can rewind, pause and fast forward. It's like having TIVO at work. Whoops, did I say that out loud? Nah, it's all good. My coworkers know I've watched it at work. It's that or gnaw my hands off in boredom.

Just so I sound smarter than my above listed television choices...I watch Bill Maher faithfully, Larry King when he's got someone on I'm interested in, Jon Stewart & Steven Colbert. I've tried to watch Anderson Cooper but I get distracted much like with Simon Baker. So, my point being: I do watch grown-up television as well.

And if you're thinking where I get all this time. Know that I use the ADD to my advantage: I'm cooking dinner, doing laundry, looking at magazines, and this is also where I can use insomnia in my favor. I'm a multi-tasker.

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned Craig Fergusen....

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I like Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders too! And I will watch some of the shows you mentioned as I need a new show as Project Runway is over.