15 December 2008

Christmas 1970




Walk along with me on another trip down Memory Lane. I have these two photos, that even though they are of me, I find too cute. Venture with me to 1970...

I was two years and five days old in this photo.
Check out the baby hair and I have no idea why I don't have pants on.

Again, the lovely 1970 (yet spartan) decor. The carpet was there FOREVER. Seriously. They still have that end table. And probably the ashtray too. I know for sure that Mom still has the snowman candle.

Those are my mom's legs...thin after three kids! But that could be attributed to the cigarette in her hand. Gotta love the parenting in the old days.

I remember the buggy...I don't think it lasted very long and I have suspicion that two older brothers probably had something to do with it.

Those look like pajamas that I am holding but in a mail order bag. My mom used Montgomery Ward a lot when we were young. But we are still in Grandma-made pajama territory here. They look masculine so it could be I was making off with my brother's new pj's and this is my "Oh, these? I was just folding them up for you!" expression.

2 comments:

Swistle said...

Oh, how funny, that looks JUST LIKE YOU. Your eyes are exactly the same.

Jess said...

These pictures are too sweet. You were(/are) so cute!