27 December 2008

Fa la la la la la

Nope, that's not leftover holiday cheer, that's me with my fingers in my ears in a most eight-year-old-like way.

I'm ignoring the pile of junk behind me that needs to be put away, I'm ignoring National Geographics auto-dialer calls asking me to renew, I'm ignoring the melting snow outside making a tsunami-esque mess of the driveway, yard and walkways. I'm ignoring that Sneaky Little Bastard wants to have a post-holiday party. I'm ignoring that Kevin, while I adore him, is driving me freaking crazy because he's bored. I'm ignoring the dryer and the dishwasher. I'm ignoring the unmade bed.

Sleepless in Seattle is on television, that always makes me happy. Kevin gave me a funky lamp for my desk, I'm so enjoying that. I have a week left of vacation, I'm relishing that. I am wearing my favorite socks. I like the sound of the rain on the roof. Kevin is outside!!!! I'm happy about that. My friends on Facebook are regularly updating because everyone is stuck home, just like me.

While I'm Grumpy - Santa's Alternative Elf, I am still grateful. Grateful that the neighbors are working together to clear the driveway. Grateful that Kevin has holiday time to be home. Grateful that I have presents & fun things to put away. Grateful that I have electricity so the phone will ring, the dryer will run and the dishwasher will wash.

I am grateful...but still a little grouchy about it. Nothing that a homemade mocha, a movie marathon and burning a yummy candle can't fix.

2 comments:

Dynamita said...

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday! Husband and I have been watching movies under the duvet all day long. It's lovely to take some time to just enjoy life, isn't it?

Not Your Aunt B said...

I think a movie marathon starting with Sleepless in Seattle sounds good!