23 July 2009

Harpers Island

Did anyone watch Harpers Island?

It just finished after a 13 show series arc. It was billed as a “special event” but EW.com said that they weren’t going to continue it, as if it were a series. If you get a chance to Netflix or rent it, I think you should. It’s available online too.

It’s a horror film soap opera. People die in every episode and it sometimes violent, sometimes it lets you use your imagination. I am not a big horror movie or violence fan but this was So Much Soapy Goodness, I didn’t care. It's soapy, horrorible (mis-spell on purpose) FUN.

I'm not implying that it's not predictable in places or has the world's best acting ever. But there are some moments that make you exclaim "Oh No They Didn't!!!" In fact, BFF C and I emailed & text back & forth with a running commentary.

There are a lot of characters to pay attention to, some of which you’ll love and others you’ll hate. This makes it all the more intriguing as they disappear/die one by one. I found that my opinions changed as the show continued.

Random useless trivia: Abby is David Cassidy's daughter, for reals. There are a lot of actors that you'll think "Didn't I see them in....?"

I made a point of watching it only during the afternoon with the sun streaming through the windows and Kevin outside. Otherwise it's a little too Blair Witch Project for me. I watched it once during the night and it freaked me out a little. Oh, perhaps because it’s set on one of the San Juan Islands so it’s basically filmed in my backyard.

I keep thinking about the whole storyline. I think it’s one of those shows that is better after watching it a second time. The second time around you can focus on details instead of not pissing yourself.

Click on the link, If You Dare! *mischievous giggle*

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/harpers_island/video/

No comments: