14 July 2009

I KNOW, right?

Oh, Facebook, how revolutionary you are, creating moral and ethical situations for every single member of the universe.

Today, Kevin received a friend request…..from his ex-wife.

I KNOW!

We knew this was a chance when we friended two people from our past. They’ve always been friends with his ex-wife and we assumed they would be a conduit for his ex-wife to make a reappearance. And she did.

Kevin hasn’t seen or heard from her since 1991 so plenty of changes have happened. He is very curious to see how her life is going and, of course, what she looks like. He said that he has nothing to hide and there is a part of him that wants to say “Look at this great life I have!”

Kevin also says that at this point in life, it will be a relief to just let it go. "It hurts me more to carry resentment than it does her. She doesn't even realize it."

I completely agree with him on all points. I am not worried about anything getting “rekindled” as I am the one that does the updates and posts on his facebook page. Also, if he feels like there is unfinished business, then he should take care of it.

So let’s see how this goes!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I agree. Facebook friendship is so ubiquitous that it doesn't have to be meaningful. And it's a good way to satisfy curiosity!