21 July 2009

That Just Happened

So, to add to the fun I have two stories to tell. Both of which are horrifying. NICE.

This morning I nearly wrecked the truck AGAIN.
I over-corrected after reaching for something.
IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN A MORE STUPID THING TO DO.

So that was nice.

But God protects the stupid and for that I am eternally grateful.

And my mocha spilled all over so double-points for me. I effin' bought another one once I arrived safely in town. It was that or a bottle of Jack.

All is well. No one is injured, truck isn't damaged. Just me mentally chastising myself repeatedly for being incredibly stupid.

Story #2:

Kevin called me this morning: "Did you know your dad is in the hospital again?"

"Nope."

"Of course not" he says laughing. "Okay, now you know. Bye!"

I ponder the situation for awhile then call Brother Dear.

"Did you know Dad was in the hospital?"

"No, I'm not surprised though."

And so it goes.

I asked him if I should call out to the house & bust them. He recommended no, just let them be. "This is what they do."

Then he continues:

"The last time, he called me at 11:00 at night, on a Sunday to come get him. Mom had taken him to the hospital and left him to find his own way home."

I've been giggling about that all day long. That's funny, I don't care who you are.

So, a little tragedy & a little comedy all in one post!

2 comments:

Swistle said...

Oh, man, that is such a confusing mix of laughing and wincing and adrenaline!

Jess said...

That's scary! I'm glad everything is OK, mostly.