01 September 2009

Fall is Here


And if I needed any proof, my Fall Preview TV guide was waiting for me in the mailbox today. It's my own personal "The telephone books are here! the telephone books are here!"
(Steve Martin "The Jerk")

Like a true kid of the 80's (-ish), I look forward to the Fall Preview every year. My life is simple.

The DVR is going to get a work-out, for sure. Ellen & Bonnie Hunt are going to be all new next week. I already record Craig Ferguson and surf the other late night shows, depending on the guests.

Add Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Stephen Colbert...and I'm considering recording Rachel Maddow. I never watch mainstream media news anymore even though I harbor a crush on Brian Williams.

I'm now addicted to Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives on Lifetime.

Right this very second, we're finishing the final two episodes of Rescue Me.

I just glimpsed an ad for So You Think You Can Dance and nearly clapped my hands in delight.

I'm looking forward to Brothers & Sisters too.

And is it bad that I was rooting for Izzy's death on Grey's Anatomy?

Oh, and Private Practice! WTF with the season finale and the crazy person stealing the baby. I don't care about the rest of the show but I Have To Know what happened there.

And LOST...need I say more?

Then there's The Mentalist & Castle...eye candy plus good shows.

Monday Nights on CBS is perfection as well. Big Bang Theory is one of the best comedies EVER.

It's going to feel odd not watching ER for the first time in what feels like my entire adult life. But I think Thursdays are going to be packed anyway.

I may have to use the trusty old VCR as a backup. And take a day off of work. And cancel any plans I may have scheduled, like Christmas.

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Hoarders on Lifetime. My new addiction.