10 November 2009

Dream Jobs

I have two dream jobs. I'm sure I could think of more but let's just not go there.

The first job was an opportunity I turned down when I was much younger. It was a radio job. It's one of the few times where I wistfully wonder what-if I'd taken the job. I was doing public service announcements for an organization I volunteered for and was eventually interviewed for said organization. Thus the job offer.

It was just a local, small town radio station but I would have done the morning news, color commentary, etc. Kind of like Robin on the Howard Stern show but on a much, much, much smaller scale. And with farm reports instead of strippers.

At the time, I was still young in the school administrator job and loving it. So turning it down at the time wasn't a huge issue. Also, it was so early in the morning to start and I knew I couldn't do it. 4:30 in the morning is just inhumane. The bow on the decision was a requirement for "live remotes" which meant I would be at openings of stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc. and working weekends. No thanks.

But it was So Much Fun being behind the mic & on the radio. That I could so get into.

Talking to Rosie on her test show made me remember that job like it happened yesterday.

Someday. Maybe.

Oh, and the other job? I'm kind of doing it, just not the way I want to: writer. So, I guess I only have one Dream Job if we go by the strict definition.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

And maybe you could have INTRODUCED strippers into the format!