24 October 2009

The Ex-Wife Chronicles

After three days of discussing what to do about Kevin's ex-wife's friend request on Facebook, I finally messaged her via her request and said: "Thanks for the request but I don't think it's a good idea."

Her response:

"ok it is up to you, but i meant nothing by the request and i had no altreary motives, but if it makes you uncomfortable that is ok. take care.."

I'll give you all a minute to let that sink in...

Kevin said "It's nice that she gave you permission..."

BFF D and my S-i-l has had a running joke about "altreary".

Kevin mentioned last night that he was surprised that he hasn't received a follow-up message personally or something along those lines. I think it could still happen. I can't imagine her letting it pass without further comment. Something along the lines of "I didn't mean to offend her..."

Like I mentioned before, we've decided that we're not going to pursue this further. There will be no emailing of pictures or sending her the leftovers of their marriage. Clearly nothing good can come from it.

We went from allowing her to friend Kevin on FB, to allowing her to call Kevin (once) to allow for closure for Kevin, to posting pictures of Kevin's old cars for his FRIENDS to see and she making it about her, to a request for old pictures and ending with a friend request for me.

See where I'm going with this? Each item individually is little but each is a little step further toward crazy stalker behavior. Too boot, it is inconceivable that she would think that it would be appropriate to ask in the first place. So, what's stopping her from going further?

Kevin said that one more contact and he's pulling the plug on the whole damn thing. He gave her a chance to make things right but so far has created more melodrama than closure.

But it sure has given all of us something to talk about!

2 comments:

Swistle said...

Goodness yes! I kind of hate her for that "if it makes you feel uncomfortable" crap. Did you say ANYTHING about feeling uncomfortable? NO YOU DID NOT. Her assumption about your reasoning is offensive.

Swistle said...

It also tempts an in-kind reply. Such as, "Oh, no! It doesn't make me uncomfortable at all! It just sounds so UNPLEASANT!"