05 October 2009

Weekday Update

So, Kevin went for his thyroid check-up and all is good. These check-ups (every six months) always make me a little nervous but it's always fine. Did I ever remember to tell you that yes indeed there is a difference between generic & brand name meds? Yeah. Fun discovery. Especially when it's your "Stay Alive" medicine.

And, Food Experiment 2009 has reaped some awesome rewards! Kevin's cholesterol numbers dropped down to normal levels. The doctor is keeping him on super low dose cholesterol meds because of his hereditary health.

Mom still has the living room rearranged and she says that she hasn't heard from my dad since. Whew!

My fourteen year old niece said and I quote "I'm so over boys right now." I thought all the adults at the table were going to explode in a chorus of "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire"

Continuing in my Swistle Solidarity this weekend, all of the rugs in the house have been washed & floors scrubbed. I also did one more sweep through the closet and reduced even more!

My favorite new shows are Glee and Community. FlashForward & The Good Wife are patiently waiting on the DVR. I'm going to watch them movie-style in the winter months.

I made the incredibly stupid mistake of watching the Grey's Anatomy premiere after work just a few days after the one month anniversary of Dad's passing. Kevin just shook his head & said "What are you doing?"

Trying to avoid sounding like I'm 70-years-old, I have to say my hip is better. I have to remind myself that "This is what you get when you roll a truck and you're 40 for God's sake." But, oddly it doesn't help. Go figure. On the upside - the stack of magazines next to my chair has shrunk.

And we're on the countdown to Vegas. We leave November 17th. Wooohooo....

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I am gonna have to watch Glee and Community on hulu as I deleted them from my DVR accidentally. Boo!