28 November 2009

Bookmarks

I use a long, red ribbon for a bookmark. I got it when I did a course about reading to children back in the day when I did such things.

It's the perfect bookmark as it's RED thus visible. And it's long so I can wrap it in the book so it rarely falls out. It is by far the bookmark I've had the longest.

Kevin bought me a brass bookmark a few years ago and while lovely, not functional. In fact, I am not even sure where it is now.

Another item I've used as bookmarks include the pit pass from the racetrack. It is playing card sized and brightly colored. I've used an actual playing card as well.

Once I bought a used book and found an airplane ticket stub from New York. I loved that one! It had a story, a history to it.

What do you use?

2 comments:

Firegirl said...

Of course I forgot the whole point of this blog post:

My friend C sends me business cards from restaurants, etc from countries she's traveled.

For instance, I just received a handful of them from her trip through Europe. Totally cool.

creative kerfuffle said...

that is awesome--about the biz cards.
i have used ticket stubs (when i used to travel for work), random slips of paper, etc. however, i am a bad book person. i fold my pages over. mainly because when i used to use bookmarks and would leave my books lying around a kid or pet would invariably knock it over, thumb through it, etc. and dislodge the bookmark. hence the folding.