05 November 2009

NoNaNoWriMo

While catching up with an old friend, he encouraged me to stay in touch regularly. "Because writers write." Thanks Paul.

The statement was equally encouraging and discouraging, as I haven't been writing as much as I'd like.

Why not, you ask?

Fall/Winter is here so Kevin is in the house much more than usual, which translates to the laptop being in use.

I still have my office but the furry teenager, that poses as our dog, seriously resents me being in her room. And it begs my favorite question "What're doing?" from Kevin. I usually reply "Baking a cake."

I'm feel like I'm in limbo until we go to Vegas. I'm having difficulty concentrating on much else once I get home. For instance, "I have to remember to stop the mail" or "I have to find the nearest grocery store to the hotel." And obsessing about the packing thing. Seriously, I should just start packing now and get it over with. But then I would be wearing clothing that the fashion police will cite me for wearing with sneakers. And I'm pretty sure I can't fit into my wedding dress anymore.

Not to mention the doggone shower adventure. Ugh. It looks like it will be about $400 to buy a new unit plus having the bathroom torn up for a weekend. Not bad in the grand scope of things, I realize but still a little traumatizing.

Tonight adds high wind gusts and pouring down rain. The lights have flickered so you'll know what happened if the blog ends like th

hahahahah. I make myself laugh if nothing else.

I was going to try NaNoWriMo this month. That's how Sunday Fiction first began but it's just not going to happen. Especially since it''s already the fifth of November now. And really, who am I kidding? I leave for a week in two weeks then the holiday. Unrealistic expectations much?

Also, I have lost THREE CHAPTERS of Sunday fiction. I know! I'm SO Frustrated. It's very much not like me so that ups the whole frustration factor to, like, a gabillion. I know it happens eventually to every writer but it doesn't make me any happier.

You may have noticed that I took the Sunday Fiction tab off the blog. When I re-write the lost chapters and get some more finished, I will return it to it's place of honor.

Three chapters...jeez....just when the main character discovered she was a vampire.

Ha ha. Kidding again.

No comments: