09 December 2009

Finally


The tree is up. A few decorations are out. I have all the supplies for the cards. Progress is being made, albeit slowly.

Usually, I have all of the above done-ish by now. This year, as mentioned in earlier posts, I'm not feeling it.

I don't know if it is Dad's passing, the relief of "normal" finally returning, or just the culture shock of being in Las Vegas for one week then returning to full-blown Christmastime. Or, I tell myself, a combination of all of the above.

This weekend is our first holiday party. Kevin will be gone on Saturday and I will tackle the cards while sitting on the couch watching Christmas movies on the television. I am going to be in a Christmas mood, dammit.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

I am having trouble getting in the mood for Christmas, too. I'm enjoying individual parts (like doing the cards, and like looking at the colored lights), but it's 2 weeks until Christmas and I'm not really feeling Christmassy.