08 December 2009

Yota Club

The other day I was getting out of the truck at the grocery store. Another truck, just like mine, parked a few spaces away. Getting out was a gentleman & his wife, probably in their sixties. The gentleman nodded at me and smiled.

The thing about Toyota truck people is that we're all in this little club. We acknowledge each other. I've had more conversations with strangers about my truck than nearly anything else.

He bought his brand new and it had 252,000 miles on it. Mine was nearly new when we bought it & it has 321,000 miles on it. AND has been on it's roof. We both agreed that there's no better truck out there. His was a complete grandpa truck with all the extra lights, brush guard, and steps. Mine has 32" tires and mudspray down the side.

I also got to refer the guys that fixed up the truck when it toppled over. Hooray!

The cool thing about Toyota trucks is they run forever, rarely break down & are just fun to drive. I've owned two and I don't think I'll ever drive any other truck. The insurance company agreed to fix it, even though it was a total because it was such a good truck.



Shiny side down


Shiny side up


And, did you know that Kevin & I are in the same exclusive branch of the Yota Club? We've both flopped over white Toyotas! I know! what are the odds? Although his was a much cooler/scarier rollover. (he was four-wheeling, about nine months before we started dating)


No comments: