18 January 2010

$39.99

I spent today on random projects, really random projects. The goal was to finish my Kodachrome moments project.

I started the day at Michaels and spent $39.99. It didn't occur to me that being MLK Day that there would be SALES. So I was impressed that I was so well-behaved. You see the thing with Michaels store is that it makes me believe I can make stuff; which is really kind of not true.

I came home with my new treasures. Behold:


And this is the last progress I made on the photo project.

Why you ask? Because I got stuck in "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." Do you know that book? It essentially begins "If you give a mouse a cookie, then he will need a glass of milk and if you give him a glass of milk, he will need a napkin." This is the cycle that I stumbled into.

I gathered all of our pictures then began to ferret out the gabillion assorted picture frames I had in Monica's Closet. In order to do that, I had to organize the closet. This resulted in some consolidation of boxes, burning the trash consisting of our 2008 bills, then bagging up stuff for Goodwill.

By the time Kevin got home, I was sitting exhausted at the dining room table surrounded by frames and photographs. He's met me, he's not surprised.

We'll work on it over the weekend.

3 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

I was just saying the other day,as i was trying to organize my life, that I hate how you have to create an even bigger mess in order to get everything sorted out. I don't get it! PS: you should check out my post today. I think it'll make you feel better. :-)

Swistle said...

YES, I do that too! I can't do THIS until I do THIS, which I can't do until I do THIS.

I went to Michael's too! OMG SALES! A yarn I like, which is usually $1.79, was $1. How many did I buy? I don't know, because there were TOO MANY TO COUNT.

creative kerfuffle said...

i have not finished my photo project either. maybe tomorrow. and, i'm so if you give a mouse a cookie person. i do that when i'm cleaning. instead of doing one room and being done w/ it i do bits and pieces of rooms as i go through the house. one thing leads to another.