28 January 2010

All the Colors of the Rainbow

House Beautiful is one of my favorite magazines. It's like a giant wishbook for me. I take something away from each magazine.

One of the past issues, that I'm just now wading through is all about color. It has a color quiz to help you determine Your Color.

Well, let's just see about that:

What Color....
do you see in the morning? Gold comforter
are your eyes? Dark Brown
do you wear the most? Black
do you never wear? Yellow
do you wear to feel sexy? Black
do you receive the most compliments? Green
of lipstick do you wear? Rose
of bedroom? White
of sheets? Green
of Favorite Crayon? Purple
of prom dress? Clear (I didn't go :-)
of gemstone? Diamond
of favorite flower? Tulips...so um, Purple?
of your car? White
makes you happiest? Red
makes you saddest? Gray
makes you calmest? Sage (green)
makes you grind your teeth? Fuschia
afraid to try? Dark Brown

So, what have I learned? Um, f*ck all. The common denominator color was Green, with brown & black being runner-ups.

I guess this means that my house is decorated in my color and my instinct to paint the living room chocolate brown is correct. As for the rest? Perhaps my tendency to dress like Wednesday Adams is also correct. Who knew!

Give it a shot, it was fun to think about!

*this post is my official calling-it-in post of the week. It's been a drama-filled week. So much for that resolution*

2 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

I am sure you don't look like Wednesday Addams!! I wear a lot of black, too.

creative kerfuffle said...

i love wearing black, it hides so much : ) lol. i also love greens. and i've toyed w/ painting a room chocolate brown too. i don't like white walls, at all. it drives me nuts to go to someone's house and their walls are just blah. i think it's because growing up as an army brat we always lived in government housing and you couldn't paint the walls.