12 January 2010

All Idol, All the Time

We're watching American Idol tonight. Every Year I say I'm not going to watch it and every year I do. Tonight, I just wanted to see how they handled the whole Paula/Ellen/Simon thing and then I was going to turn it off. Well, it's 9:35 pm and we're still watching it.

I love watching it through Kevin's eyes because he's so reactive. His running commentary: "OMG, why doesn't Someone TELL Them!?!?!?!?!" is a regular refrain. Or my other favorite "Make it STOP........."

A few years ago, I was listening but not watching. I mentioned that I didn't think the person was bad. All I heard was "OMG, Did you hit your head today?"

Okay....*pause*....

Hottie cancer survivor singing Michael Buble "Feeling Good." Whew! I need a cool drink please.
*fanning myself with a magazine*

I guess I'll watch it this year.

5 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

I dont watch Idol till they've weeded out the competition. This is mostly because I think the judges are mean and I hate when they start laughing at people. :-(

creative kerfuffle said...

we watched it a few yrs ago but really never got into the whole idol thing. i did like watching at the beginning though, when it's really, really bad.

Surely said...

@Jamie...usually that's when we start watching too. But I wanted to see what it was like with all the changes & then Victoria Beckham was on then it was Game Over. (:-D

@CK...some years I watch it & some years I don't. I think it's jumped the shark. Although they do manage to find good artists through all the drama

Not Your Aunt B said...

We watch just to say commentary. We are mean that way.

Bethany said...

I watch some years, other years I just don't get into it. I'm not sure which it'll be this year, I haven't seen the auditions yet :)