10 January 2010

Date Night

Kev & I had date night last night. We had one of the top three pizzas EVER. (Coconut Kennys for those of you who live here)

We also went to see Sherlock Holmes. I know! I broke my sworn oath to not go into a movie theatre ever again. That's what we do when you're married...oh wait, what? that didn't work out, did it? Breaking sworn oaths not so much part of marriage. What I meant was Sometimes you do stuff you don't want to do when you're married. Whew, that's better.

Great movie. I mean, really, how can you go wrong with Robert Downey Jr.?

In true movie attendance experience, we sat next to a sixteen year old douchebag on a date. He kept making "jokes" and "witty comments". I let it go during the commercials (because that's what they ARE now)

UNTIL.

Until a National Guard ad came on & he began being disrespectful. "What do they need swords for? why are they dancing? why is he swimming in the mud?"

Instead of throwing an elbow & breaking his nose, I cut my eyes to him & stared. He shut up & ducked his head but I kept looking. "Seriously." I said. Finally he looked up & said "Sorry".
"Clearly. You've. Never. Met. A. Soldier." then I looked away.

Sadly, he didn't stop there. He kept it up throughout the movie. He would stop when I, or Kevin, would look at him. Apparently, he was raised by wolves.

At the credits, we stood up. I looked at him and said "I think you owe me the price of the ticket and an apology to your mother."

Kevin looked shocked then looked at him like "Yeah, she said it" and laughed.

2 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Good for you! What a douche! I love the apology to your mother part the best!

creative kerfuffle said...

you rock. i would have been furious but a total pansy and not said anything.