06 January 2010

I Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts

We just watched Paranormal Activity. We were both a little tentative about it. Kev was tentative but excited. I think he kind of enjoys being scared. I was curious and a little anticipatory, kind of like when we did the New York New York rollercoaster. The movie was a good ride. I think because everyone had proclaimed the movie to be OMFG scary, I had the bar set pretty high.

Now we watched Blair Witch Project in Total Darkness, on Halloween, in the old house, before the family lived next door. Badass or crazy? I'm not sure which. That movie freaked me the hell out. I will never camp in the Fall, that's for sure.

I believe in ghosts, especially after my dad reappearing to express his displeasure with my mom moving his chair and knocking over the lamp in our bedroom. Oh, and shutting off the light during his memorial. Also, I had one experience in my life with the appearance of my sister-in-law's late mother while I was alone in her dad's house. After I realized what happened, I simply said "Lorraine, I'm cleaning his house. That's all. I'm not going to do anything else." I never saw her again.

Kevin's Mom believes in ghosts as well. She lived in an old house in Everett that she will tell stories about that kind of freak me out a little. Footsteps, closing doors, lights on. chairs moved.

But these were benevolent ghosts...the only time I will use benevolent to describe my dad...not angry ghosts.

So with all that, this is what I have to say:

The ice machine in the refrigerator has scared me before.
Kevin is right about not owning a house that has two stories or stairs.
I knew there was a reason I fall asleep with the television on...and sleep very little at night.
And last but not least:

TURN. THE. EFFING. LIGHTS. ON.

2 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I had to work up the courage to even read the post as I am the world's biggest scaredy cat!

creative kerfuffle said...

i might watch this movie. my horror movie viewing patterns have changed as i've gotten older. when i was a teen i love the jason/freddie kind of stuff, but when i grew up i realized there are a lot of crazy shits out there and stuff like saw (which i've never seen and never will) could very well happen. ghosts? yeah, i like that kind of stuff, i like being that kind of scared. and blair witch freaked me out too. and i also believe in ghosts.