10 March 2010

It's All in the Interpretation

I don't base my life's decisions on horoscopes but I do find them interesting. Especially when I receive a gem such as today's:

Your horoscope for March 11, 2010 You can't help but notice that your home is looking a bit drab. Today you could begin to make plans to do something about this. You needn't spend much money. All you need is time and a little creativity. Play with wild paint samples on the walls; see if you can find a warm apricot for the dining room. You can eat all your dinners by candlelight and the walls will positively glow-right along with your spirits! You can make big changes to the mood of the place simply by introducing more color. How FUN is that!?!?!

I have found horoscopes to be helpful at times and I've found them to be creepy at times. Of course, some days they are so inaccurate it's laughable. The above horoscope is actually from MSN. I've found it to be "in the ballpark" more often than not.

The other fun website to use for horoscopes is Astrology Zone. This site has been downright CREEPY at times with it's accuracy. Well, I hesitate to use the word "accuracy" simply because horoscopes are often in the interpretation.

One time (say it with me: "in band camp") I had a horoscope that recommended that I wear red and predicted that I would encounter a break-up. Both of those things happened and I didn't read the horoscope until later that evening. Yeah, that afeaked me right the hell out.

I find horoscopes as a way to try to predict or interpret the day. They are like a treasure hunt for me, using my imagination and the happenings of the day.

Do you read horoscopes?

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Ooh, I love horoscopes! Mine have been scarily accurate before, too. One time, it told me, "keep your head down, today may be a tough day for you." I don't remember what all happened, but I remember that it was an awful day!

Bethany said...

I don't really read mine but every once in a while I'll see it- they are interesting!

creative kerfuffle said...

i haven't read mine in years. i read fortune cookies though and try to figure out what they mean : )