16 March 2010

Things that Freak Me Out

We were watching television the other night & that commercial with the talking pigs came on. The one where they are sitting in a restaurant. That stupid commercial freaks me right the hell out.

I am not a huge fan of talking animals, call me Dr Don'tlittle. Pigs, specifically, weird me out though. Although I am not super happy with the talking Panda on the new frozen Chinese food commercial.

Not many things freak me out. I can handle most bodily fluids, while I don't enjoy slasher movies they don't bother me. Bugs are fine. Heights are okay. I like roller coasters. I consider myself a fairly rational, calm person. But I am not fearless.

Snakes. Oh God, Snakes. I can't do snakes. I used to go get the four-year-olds when a garter snake made it's way into the lobby of the school. *shiver*

These fears make sense kind of. They're not unusual.

But those things that you see at car dealerships, the blowy, airy, people things? Those are Not My Friends.(effing creepy creatures)


It makes no sense, really. I can literally stand next to a 1600 horsepower racecar doing a burn-off & go over 100 mph in sixty feet, in one second, and be perfectly comfortable. But those stupid blowy things are awful.

Which proves that fear often isn't rational. For some unknown reason, we all have fears: fear of heights, fear of spiders, whatever. It is a basic human response.

What freaks you out?

4 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

remember that dancing baby video that used to circulate in email? THAT freaked me the hell out. really. also down escalators. i don't know if i've always had this fear or if it was just w/in the last 10 years that i developed it (or was regularly exposed to them). at my last job i traveled a lot and most all airports/hotels/metros have escalators. going up, i am fine. going down, especially if it is really high and open, panic city. however, elevators, even glass ones, do not bother me.

Jennifer said...

Pool drains. If I have to swim over one, I keep an eye on it. Like it's going to grab me? I don't know, but I hate them.

tiffany and co said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Not Your Aunt B said...

Spiders. Wasps and other flying stinging insects. Anything paranormal.