31 August 2010

Woke Up in September

This morning we woke up to the sounds of rain. To me, it's a welcome sound. To Kevin, who works outside all day, not so much. We are now starting the season of hearing Kevin say "Oh good. It's raining." in a withering sarcastic tone every. single. morning.

It's beautiful out right now because everything is still green. The flowers look happy as I haven't so much been diligent in watering them this season. Missy Jo is inside, fidgeting. Apparently she just can't get comfortable.

It actually felt nice sliding on jeans & a sweatshirt this morning. The windshield wipers were kind of soothing. There were puddles to splash in on my walk to work. All in all, I'm happy to see the rain today.

I had the great idea of trying to video it for y'all. The first video I put my hood up in the middle because I realized that I HAD a HOOD and Needed It. The second one ended with Kevin yelling "What in the hell are you doing!?!?!?!"

The third one, well, I gave up after the third one but it's still kind of cute. If you listen, that noise in the background is the rain.




3 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Over here it's either been sheeting it down or clear blue skies from dawn till dusk,no half measures.This of course means some things have just growed,like grass and weeds.

Swistle said...

I miss the rain there!

Grey Ghost said...

Hi Swistle,been reading your blog.When anything needs doing on my Mini I take it straight to my friendly local mechanic,and even he throws things across the garage.
May your rain always be soft.