02 November 2010

Sometimes It's Worth It

The truck wasn't running right on the way home tonight. This is unusual, even with it's 332,000+ miles. Kevin thinks that I got a tank of bad gas. In my old car, I had to run Chevron gasoline every once in a while to make sure it ran well.

It occurred to me that there are a few things that are worth spending the extra money on.

Gasoline...even if you buy the next grade up every once in awhile, your car will be happy.

Hotel Rooms...I used to be Suzy Budget with hotels but when we saw one of the hotels we stayed in while racing featured in a murder scene on the news, I decided I need to pony up some more cash.

Chocolate. Enough said.

Eyeglasses...my bargain glasses are total crap and I'm frustrated that I wasted the money.

Bath Towels...we've all bought the Wal-Mart specials that turn into bar rags with one wash.

I am often a bargain shopper. I will buy things second-hand if I can get away with it. Sometimes though, it's just worth the extra few dollars.

What do you think is worth spending the extra money on?

2 comments:

Swistle said...

Ooo, fun topic!

I'll spend a little more for moisturizer and lotion and soap. I didn't like the store brands.

I'll spend a little more for notebooks and binders: the brands last longer.

I'll spend a LOT more for kids' backpacks: the Walmart ones rip mid-year, but the ones from Lands' End or L.L. Bean last forever.

creative kerfuffle said...

my kids have learned that cheap toys aren't worth it. dollar bin stuff, though attractively priced, breaks quickly.
toilet paper. though i try to be a penny pincher at every turn, in the end we love cottonelle. the boy even complains about the rough, thin toilet paper at school.
i'm glad you listed the glasses on here because i was seriously thinking about being a cheap skate when i get my next pair. now i won't.
and, i'd have to agree w/ swistle on the bookbag thing--though i've never ponied up the cash for a lands end bag. i really should. my kids go through bookbags like nobody's business.