08 November 2010

Waiting

Kevin is gone again tonight. Sigh. He worked the night shift for a state job last night and turns out, tonight as well. It's depressing, for everyone involved. I'm watching The Hangover and thinking about a bath. Maybe brownies. Do I go to bed & read or do I stay up? I am at loose ends.

Kevin, for all of his ADHD ways, keeps me focused. I have a schedule when he's home. Left to my own devices I'm all "erm, well...I could....sigh...".

We leave in nine days, in case I haven't mentioned that recently. I think that is contributing to me ennui, my disconnectedness. It's too early to pack yet I feel the urge to do so. I've researched where we want to go while we're there. I know what I have to buy before we leave. Waiting. I am stuck waiting.

Waiting to go on vacation.
Waiting for Kevin to come home.
Waiting for the oven to preheat.
Waiting for the tub to fill.

What are you waiting for?

3 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

lately it seems like i've been waiting for bedtime. urg. so odd. when the hubs is out of town i can't fall asleep, when he's home i can doze on the sofa until he's ready for bed. the time change has messed me up, or i'm just getting old. come 10-11 pm if i lay on the couch it's a sure thing i'll be out in about 10 mins.

Swistle said...

I'm waiting for the weekend. For the kids to all be in school. For Henry to stop coloring on the walls. For the current virus to stop making everyone cough so much. For dinner. For a drink. For the dryer to be done!

QueenoftheFall said...

Spring!