22 December 2010

News & Notes

I always forget how much I enjoy being home until I am for a few days, or at least at home without the plague. I've really had no schedule this week other than the whole Santa deadline.

It's Wednesday evening and we're watching a movie, something we haven't done in what feels like forever. (Wall Street 2...the first one is one of Kevin's favorites) I can't remember the last time we just sat & enjoyed a movie.

This is my second movie today in fact. I watched Leap Year earlier while wrapping presents. A lovely little movie and just another one that makes me want to go to Ireland.

I cleaned a closet and organized, again, Monica's closet. It's little things like that which get set by the wayside during the busyness of days.

I went shopping yesterday and in two stores I nearly finished. The only reason I didn't finish is because I forgot one stocking stuffer completely and I am still struggling with the whole couple gift thing. I swear I am going to kick my brother right in the shin for that dumb idea.

I spent my giftcard yesterday also. I bought a new bedspread and blanket for our room, finally. It's only been a year since I decided to change.

Kevin loves it. He hates the decorative pillows because he's a guy. It went as far as two photographs being taken, presented to the family, and voted upon. Kevin totally lost.



Tomorrow I will begin the day grocery shopping so I don't have to enter a store again until at least next week. After that, I am going to bake brownies to pad the impersonal giftcard gifts that my brothers are receiving.

Let's talk about toys! Have you seen the Lego board games? Those look cool and yet confusing. Rubiks cubes are popular again? Baby Alive also? Can I just say that it feels impossible to buy a non commercial toy for anyone over the age of six. Plush toys, omg, I would have adored those as a child.

Please tell me, fellow dog owners, that your dog is shedding too and it's not just mine? FTLOG, I am ready to scream. I've threatened to shave her so many times, I think she's starting to get a little jumpy. Kevin has been brushing her every to every-other day but it just seems to piss her fur off. We even have the Furminator comb, which rocks. Meanwhile, my vacuum is choked with dog hair.
So, other than the dog hair, my vacation is going well. I hope it continues to do so.

And you? How are all of you doing?

2 comments:

Swistle said...

I love that bedspread SO MUCH.

creative kerfuffle said...

pretty bedspread! yes...there is shedding here too. omg. the australian shepherd is the worst. i can sweep the kitchen floor and vaccuum the house and literally walk by putting up the vaccuum and there is a damn clump of hair on the floor. holy crap.