23 May 2011

Random Item of the Day

Insomnia is sometimes a good thing.  It occurred to me at two in the morning that I hadn't done a Random Item of The Day post in quite awhile.

Turns out the item I chose is apparently descendant from vampires as it is nearly impossible to photograph.

When the in-laws closed the Moody House, we divvied up everything.  This is a jewelry box that I was given.
Kevin's mom was given it when she was a child in the 1950's.  She said it seemed old when she got it. 

So I'm guessing it's about seventy years old.  I don't know if it was handmade or manufactured.  The wood inlay is just dusty.  (If I planned this better, I would have dusted it)  The picture is inlaid, not laminated.  The inside is very simple with felt. 

It is probably one of the coolest things I own.  It's got some mystery to it and it's beautiful, dust and all.

2 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

i love stuff like that. it looks handmade, but even if it isn't, it's beautiful.

Jennifer said...

No manufacturer's marks or stamps on the bottom? Probably handmade. Very cool.