28 July 2011

Random Item of the Day - Office Edition

There is a strange little shelf next to my desk in my work office.  It serves no purpose and was empty upon my arrival. Like many things in my office, it simply was added somewhere along the way and probably once had a purpose.  Keep in mind, the building I work in is 100 years old. The mind reels.

Slowly I began adding plants as I tend to make my work office as comfortable as possible.

Then, like happens, tchotchkes began to gather.  Mostly they've been given to me by clients and I keep them around because, why not? really.

The glare on the right is a floor to ceiling window that opens.  It doesn't matter what time of day, it simply doesn't photograph well.


Some of the stuff is from my office at the school that I just brought along.  The cards are all thank you's from different people I've encountered over the last four years.

My favorite is the reindeer cookie jar.  It's cheesy and I love it.  One was given to all of the staff members by a client who was known to be light-fingered.  The fact that the cookie jar is probably stolen makes it all the more endearing to me.  I know, I know, that's messed up but it just makes me giggle.


No comments: