11 September 2011

I Wasn't Going To

I wasn't going to post today.  It felt disrespectful to post a regular post, frivolous even. 

I tried to keep away from the media over the weekend.  Even now, ten years later, it gets a little overwhelming.  I did relent and watch Dateline's tribute, which was actually very well done.  Reminded a person not only of the horror of the day but of the heroes as well.

I was reminded to not forget.  As difficult as it can be to remember, it's important to remember the people wo died that day, either by the hands of evil or by being superhumanly good.

Today is not about politics, religion, or who is right or wrong.  Today is about honoring those who have gone before us.

That's all I have to say about that. I wasn't going to post today.  Then I had to.


1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

i did the same thing. i was overwhelmed by all of it. didn't feel like lumping my story in there, and couldn't watch all of the coverage.