05 September 2011

It Seems So Long Ago Now

I was just sitting outside on the deck reading when I heard the kids playing in the neighborhood.  For the eleventy billionth time I felt grateful that those five kids are a part of our lives.

In six days, everyone will be asking "Where Were You Ten Years Ago?" with somber overtones.

I started to think about it.  Where was I?

I was in a job I was beginning to really hate. 

Kevin wasn't Pit Boss yet but well on his way.

Kevin wasn't sick yet. 

It's the year we won our first Championship in racing.  We were also on the staff of the organization we were racing with.

We were in the old house.

My dad was still alive.

The in-laws, all of them, still lived in town.

The Nephew was still in high school.  The Nieces were 10 and 6 years old.  The Littles & Bigs didn't even exist yet.

My then best friend  wasn't a convicted felon.

My life got dumped upside down starting in 2004 and seemed stuck in a blender until late 2007.  *knock wood* everything has settled back into place.  For the better on all fronts, I believe.  As much as everything sucked, now that we're on the other side of it, I see that it all had to happen. 

Where were you?

No comments: