05 November 2012

He Put a Ring On It

The nephew and his fiance have been talking about marriage for over a year now.  They were originally going to get married on 11.11.11 but the loss of their lease took that opportunity away.  We've referred to her as his fiance this whole time, knowing that it was inevitable and being very hopeful about it.

It is with great joy that I tell everyone that he formally asked her and she said yes. It's not like there was any doubt but you know, a person always worries.

I haven't heard the proposal details but he planned it out. I imagine it was very sweet.  No grand gestures, I'm sure. He's not that guy.

Now I'm going to be the mother figure sobbing in the audience as they get married.  He's the closest thing we have to a son.  And this means that the kids are our forever family as well.

Now the fun of planning a wedding.  A wedding with five kids to consider.  A big family wedding, maybe even here at the house.  I can hardly wait.

No comments: