30 December 2012

Year in Review Meme

It’s back! The New Years Meme!   You should do it too, it’s a fun way to look back on your year.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Break bones, be in the hospital and on bedrest.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Yes, I believe I did or at the very least looked each of them in the eye:
My resolutions for 2011:
1. Continue cooking more.
2. Continue to simplify, in every way.
3. Try to remember not to enter into melodrama of any kind. I believe Swistle referred to it as jackassery.

My resolutions for 2013:
1. Get debt free (excepting the mortgage) by the end of the year.
2. Figure out this work thing.  I’m not feeling it anymore.
3. Be healed.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Nope but a few acquaintances did.  Welcome to the world Baby Liam and Baby Emma.  

4. Did anyone close to you die?


No, death didn’t visit us this year.

5. What countries did you visit?


"Oh Canada, our home & native land.."

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Healed bones.  Savings.    

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Snow days with the kids.  April 9 & 10  (injury & surgery) Whatever dates I got the cast off and walked.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Walking. No exaggeration.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling down the damn stairs

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh. My. God.

11. What was the best thing you bought?


Plane tickets

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?


Kevin. He’s been my hero this year

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


The entire GOP & it’s brethren

14. Where did most of your money go?


Same as last year: Bills, Racecar, Vegas trip. Books. Mochas!

15. What did you get really excited about?
Walking. Vegas. Christmas with the nephew & monkeys.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Shake It Off - Florence & the Machine

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier, in the grand scheme of things.
– thinner or fatter? Same somehow.  I think it’s called physical therapy.
– richer or poorer? About the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Being on my feet

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Not being on my feet

20. How did you spend Christmas?


Eve - at my parents
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement and food

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program?


I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. Castle, Big Bang Theory, Parenthood, Scandal, Long Island Medium, Project Runway. OMG: Ghost Whisperer.  Greys Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


No. I'm not a hater. It's a waste of time

24. What was the best book you read?
The Witness by Nora Roberts.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Eric Church.  And installing music on my phone.

26. What did you want and get?
Time.

27. What did you want and not get?
A CPSA championship (same as last year)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
21 Jump Street. Something Borrowed.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
44 and I had lunch with Kevin, went Christmas shopping, & went to my nieces holiday concert

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to stand and/or walk

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?


Track pants, sweatshirts, one shoe.

32. What kept you sane?


Mochas. Kevin. Television.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Good Morning America

34. What political issue stirred you the most?


Presidential election.  Gay marriage in Washington State. Gun control.

35. Who did you miss?


No one that I don't usually miss.

36. Who was the best new person you met?


Krista, my physical therapist

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.


Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.  Last year I asked for time.  Woo buddy, did I get it.

No comments: