03 June 2019

Is It A Pony?

Kevin's mom called the other day to wish me/us a happy anniversary.  She sounded a little spacey but not too bad on the scale of What Planet Is Your Mother On Right Now.

"We are getting you a gift, but not yet.  We didn't have time to get it."

PAUSE: they are home All Day...when is there not time?  After Judge Judy? Before?

She continues:  "And you'll NEVER guess what it is." she giggles.

Oh, gawd.  It could be anything.  "Okay, well, I guess it will be a surprise." I reply.

"Yes, you will NEVER GUESS." continuing to giggle. The kids have hooked her up with some CBD for pain relief so I'm guessing it's affecting her a little bit. They say it's only CBD, at least. At this point, who cares?

Kevin comes home later that day and he has had the exact same conversation with her.

"Is it a pony?" I ask "I bet it's a pony."

Skip ahead a few days and it's a ... and she's right: we would have never guessed.

It's a tree.  Yep, a tree.

There is a tree in the brother's yard that Kevin mentioned he liked.  Somehow, some way, she remembered that and found one.  She can't remember if she saw Kevin last night but she remembered that.

And I can't even with this: it's called a gold shower tree. (Be very careful if you google it. )

It's TWELVE FEET TALL.


I sent this photo to Kevin with the caption of "DUDE".

Now we have to plant it.  Kevin's dad has a plan so that's what we'll be doing this weekend if it ever stops doggone raining.


2 comments:

Swistle said...

Okay this whole thing is amazing

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your MIL sounds like a trip! I know better than googling Golden Shower anything. :)