15 June 2019

Listen to the Universe

It's Saturday morning and Kevin is at work.  Lucy and I slept in a little longer than normal and now I'm at my desk with coffee and a muffin muffin-shaped chocolate cake.

Here's the tentative to-do list:
vacuum
dust
water plants
give Lucy a bath
paint one wall in our bedroom

So far, I've made coffee.  And if I'm being honest, I did that at 5:30 this morning when Kev left for the day.  I lack motivation, just yet.  What's funny is motivation will inconveniently kick in later this afternoon/evening when it's much too late to do most of that list.

I've been running, running, running lately and I think my body and psyche is finally all "NOPE" today. Finally.  I knew it was going to happen eventually and I'm not gonna lie: I was kind of hoping for it to be on a workday.

We were gone all last weekend and then it was a busy week.  I met a friend in my old city for walkies last night instead of family dinner. After all of that, it almost feels weird to be quiet.

But that's what I'm doing right now.  Trusty cup of coffee in my favorite cup (from the nephew). Sleeping dog in the sun behind me.  Music playing through the house. Doors wide open because summer is finally here.

It's important, I think, to listen to the universe and take a break when it tells you to.  The chores can wait.

2nd Cup of Motivation


No comments: