19 September 2011

Random Item/Alternate Uses

I love reading (i.e. looking at the pictures) interior design magazines.  I also enjoy watching Nate Berkus because his style is very similar to what I like.

I can't remember where I got this idea but it is so easy...provided you have curtains...and inexpensive.

Donations of jewelry comes into work all the time.  It's mostly costume jewelry which is almost always out of date.  If a piece catches my eye, I will usually bring it home until I think of a use for it.  This is what I've come up with thus far: decorations on the curtain ties.

Please forgive the poor contrast on the pictures. It's nearly impossible to shoot into a window with my cell camera.

This is a pin that is too big to use as a pin without being scary


Another pin that is just too large to use as a brooch

 This is actually one of a pair of earrings that hangs on a dual window. 
I often find it's mate elsewhere. (thanks Kev, you're very clever)



 This is another brooch.  I love the amethyst gem.



I just love the little, eye catching detail that these brooches & earrings give to a room.  They're like a little treasure discovery when you see them.  One problem I'm having?  I'm out of curtain ties to put them on. 





2 comments:

Swistle said...

What a great idea! I love it! (My word verification is "ingenes"---so close to "ingenious"!)

creative kerfuffle said...

i too love that idea. very clever and pretty! i love that dragonfly!