I haven't been in a writing mood...or my brain hasn't been in the mood, shall I say? So, I'm ending the year on an easy post...Please play along blogger friends!!!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really set any this year. I don't think I will for 2009...it's just an exercise in frustration for me. I don't have that kind of attention span.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not yet, a friend is due any minute though!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, that was 2004, 2005 and 2006. We lost a lot of people in those years so I think we deserved a little break.
Canada (:-D It's not a "country" to us but it technically counts.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 2 - Rolled the truck
July 3 - First year that I haven't done fireworks, ever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Rolling the truck. You don't get a much bigger FAIL than that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See above...bumped head, dislocated shoulder & hip. FUN!!! I'm thankful, as it could have been so much worse.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kevins. His never-let-them-get-you-down attitude.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nephew...but he's turning it around so it's okay.
14. Where did most of your money go?
3) Vegas trip
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Vegas Baby to race.
Roll With Me...Montgomery Gentry
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier! Things are resolving themselves nicely.
c) richer or poorer? It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose. Richer in money, Poorer for bills, Richer in friends & family.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried. Fretted. Stewed. Fussed. How many synonyms can I come up with?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Eve - with my family,
Day with Kevin's family,
Week - 6 days straight with Kevin.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Brothers & Sisters now...October Road before the tv exec. jerks canceled it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I don't like the word hate anyway. There are people I intensely dislike, I'm not Jesus, but I'm trying to let that go too.
24. What was the best book you read?
Bronze Horseman series by Paulina Simons
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The re-discovery of country music and my ongoing love of John Mayer & Jack Johnson and SIRIUS radio.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Wii and a laptop
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Becoming Jane/Dan in Real Life...I can never choose just one.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It snowed A LOT on my Very Big Birthday so we had dinner with my brother & nieces, and my b & s-i-l, and nephew. It was a nice day, all in all. Oh, and I turned 40. whatever.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not working because I sold the book.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
casual, comfortable and climate appropriate...I work in a 100 year-old building. And I'm trying to ditch the Wednesday Adams attire...
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Presidential race and Prop 8
35. Who did you miss?
A lost friend
36. Who was the best new person you met?
hmmm...I am trying to think of someone new I met this year. I am sure there is someone.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
People are going to do what they're going to do and nothing can change it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And I'm lovin' this town and I'm doing alright
Aint' worried 'bout nothing cept for the man I wanna be
I'm thinking maybe it's time to be livin' the rhyme
When I'm singing a song about nothing but right
And it'd sure be nice if you would roll with me