You should do it too, it’s a fun way to look back on your year. If you post it in your blog, will you add your link to the comments here? I’d love to see your answers!!
Strangely many of last year's answers still apply...
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I feel like the Magic 8 Ball...answer is unclear, check in later.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions for 2010:
1. Continue cooking more.
2. Continue to simplify, in every way.
3. Try to remember not to enter into melodrama of any kind. I believe Swistle referred to it jackassery.
These resolutions worked out so well I am keeping them for 2011!!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Everyone is beyond that age/stage of life again this year. With the exception of five little monkeys that are new to our family. We do have a good friend who is due to be a new daddy in a month or so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
a few friends & acquaintances but no one close to us. We are starting to be at the age where we cringingly check the obituaries.
5. What countries did you visit?
"Oh Canada, our home & native land.."
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I am not really sure, actually. That feels good to say.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?July 3rd...first fireworks without my dad
October 16....Kevin's win at Pacific.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Writing nearly every single day, with a few notable absences due to impending death.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm drawing a blank, so that's good right? I guess not writing more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets...books...my Vegas hoodie.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Barack Obama. He inherited a mess and is fixing it, all the while encouraging us to do the same.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Someone who shall remain nameless.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Same as last year: Bills, Racecar, Vegas trip. Shiny side is we paid some debt down this year.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Christmas with the nephew & monkeys.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, in the grand scheme of things.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner, to my surprise.
– richer or poorer? Richer this year, surprisingly. We've been Lucky.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I don't have a clear answer actually.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being sick, for sure.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Eve - at my parents and it was uncomfortable & tense.
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. The Mentalist, Castle, Brothers & Sisters.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I'm not a hater.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
To my surprise, the GLEE soundtracks.
26. What did you want and get?
Everything, I suppose. We're at the time of our lives that if we want it, we can usually get it.
27. What did you want and not get?
A new vacuum cleaner, I only have myself to blame.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
It is a tie between Up in the Air and Leap Year. Opposite ends of the spectrum.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 42 and I spent the weekend doing whatever I wanted, mostly.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A little more job satisfaction.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Casual, comfortable. I have reverted back to dressing like Wednesday Adams.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
PROP 8 continued battle & Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
35. Who did you miss?
No one that I don't usually miss.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met her in 2009 but my brother's girlfriend fits the description the best.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Everything is temporary. Hold on, hold tight, for this too shall pass.