05 December 2010

Punching Grinch in the Nose


I meant to post this the last post. These are the cards I put out from last year. One from Kevin's parents, two from my bff's and the first card of this season. Aren't they great?

Yesterday Kevin & I went down to North Seattle & had breakfast with two of my favorites boys, other than Kevin: a fellow racer and his toddler son whom I've adored since we've met. (both adult & baby)

This also gave me uninterrupted time with Kevin. It was early enough in the morning that his phone didn't even ring! a Christmas miracle!

The remainder of the day was spent going grocery shopping, which wasn't as horrible as I anticipated. I put my Starbucks Christmas CD in and just chilled. I realized that it was the first time I had been truly alone since before our trip. No offense to Kev but it felt nice.

I started feeling a little holiday spirit when I heard this song:




After I got home, Kevin went next door to watch UFC with his brother so more solitary time. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, something I haven't done since late October. Then I tackled second string Christmas cards. On Monday morning, all of our cards will be sent. Another Christmas miracle!

Today I slept in. We took the dog for coffee then I got stubborn. I put on Christmas music, organized the office and pulled out the Christmas tree & decorations.

What is that quote from Die Hard? "Yippy Ki Yea M'er F'ers!"


2 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

well, see there? now don't you feel better? i mean, your angel looks like she's been nipping in the eggnog, but ya know, whatryagonna do? ; ) 90% of my cards are done. just trying to figure out of the second string of people are worth buying another book of stamps for. ha

Swistle said...

Yay, Christmas spirit! I'm going to follow your example. I downloaded U2's "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)," and today I'm going to take the kids out shopping to buy gingerbread house ingredients!

(My word verification is "psylut," which makes me feel a little insulted via silent letters.)