24 December 2010

All is Calm...

We're at the point of the holiday that I want to hit the slow down button. Everything is finished & ready. Everyone is relaxed and happy. Anticipation is slowly building (unless you have five little ones and then they're raising the roof)

The tree looks so nice with the presents underneath. It makes me a little sad to take the presents away from it.

Kevin & I have tried to have a just-us-two Christmas before but it isn't at all like the jewelry commercials portray it. It's actually kind of sad and awkward. It's the only time that we miss not having children.

I think that is why we're both excited about spending time with five little monkeys tomorrow morning. They haven't had much of a Christmas in the past and we can't wait to see their excitement and awe of all the presents we've bought just for them.

Don't tell Missy but I even bought her a big chewy bone to help while away the day tomorrow while we are next door.

This morning we took candy to the mocha stand for the girls. We even planned ahead by buying mochas for tomorrow morning so we'll be fully awake and anesthetized before entering into the craziness that is Christmas with this family.

Meanwhile, I am going to sit quietly and enjoy holiday movies for another hour until it's time to pack up and go.

I hope this finds you surrounded by loved ones, peaceful, and happy. The merriest of Christmases to you.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

Paul and I did a "just us two" Christmas one year, and I remember it just as you describe: sad and awkward. More people = better, and I think I'd say that EVEN IF IT HAD TO BE MY IN-LAWS. Whew. THAT'S not a good thought. Think I'll go eat candy from my stocking to get the taste of that out of my mouth. Merry Christmas!!