It’s tradition! The New Years Meme!
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
We didn’t go racing this year, which was strange but we really enjoyed the time at home.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did, sorta, kinda, sorta. The appliance finally were replaced. Now the stove is giving me the side-eye so I suspect it is next. Microwave that is ten years old and never quite worked right? Totally still here. It will be next.
CD’s are culled by me and only partially by Kevin, who is surprisingly nostalgic about them.
Write daily…well, that was a big, fat Nope. There’s always next year, which is bound to be better than the last few years.
My resolutions for 2015:
1. I’m seeing some old habits creep in that I’m not enjoying. I’m going to stick to a consistent work schedule, walk to the mailbox more, make an effort to read and write.
2. Write Daily...be it an email, a tweet, a post, something.
3. Get off of milk entirely, which is riddling me with anxiety. I have to find a cream substitute for my coffee!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! A close friend had a baby boy named after a classmate (her brother-in-law) who passed in 1988. Also, new nephew due any minute now!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to us, but we’ve reached the age where people are passing at a more regular rate. I do not enjoy.
5. What countries did you visit?
"Oh Canada, our home and native land.."
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Healthy Family Members (a sad repeat from past years)
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
This is odd but it’s a repeat: My last day at my work at the job I hated. I was using a cane but if I could have SKIPPED out of there, I totally would have. I’m continually surprised at how unhappy I was there.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Walking, again. After getting all my bionics removed, I was a little hesitant. But now it’s almost like nothing happened. I can jog a tiny bit even.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Yikes, I am unsure. Not keeping in better touch with friends, I think. I always have the best intentions and the worst attention.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the most horrible cold from November 22 to just before Christmas. I can now go illness free through 2016. I never, never, never get sick.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oooh, without sounding all hair-flippy, new washer & dryer & dishwasher, new flooring through the entire house, new furniture, and now new kitchen lighting.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mother-in-law, the chick tried to die twice this year and is still here. I’m beginning to think she’s indestructible.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Two family members with untreated mental illness (two different branches of the families) while I can recognize that it’s the mental illness, I can’t seem to justify their behavior or want to spend time with them.
14. Where did most of your money go?
As mentioned above, home improvements. I’m surprised at how happy it has made me.
15. What did you get really excited about?
New, fantastic job that follows school districts schedules. Snow days and regular breaks!
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Kick the Dust Up…Luke Bryan. Riding in a big Dodge, with Kevin on our trip to Winthrop.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? I’m happier, for sure.
– thinner or fatter? Same-ish
– richer or poorer? About the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Write, I’m feeling the anxiety of not doing it.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend time in hospitals.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Eve - at my parents.
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement and food
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. Doctor Who, Bones, Fixer Upper.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I'm not a hater. It's a waste of time
24. What was the best book you read?
Humans of New York. I’m a little obsessed. I also have Stories of Humans of New York.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Amazon Prime Music.
26. What did you want and get?
My dream job!
27. What did you want and not get?
I am pleased to say that I can’t think of anything.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Divergent. I am surprised how much I liked it. Also, not a 2015 film but I’m catching up.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
47. I was still sick so I slept in, we went to breakfast and shopping then we crashed and watched Flip or Flop all evening.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Hoodies. Cords. Boots. (because I can wear them now!)
32. What kept you sane?
Mochas. Kevin. Lucy. Television.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Trevor Noah, Jon Stewarts replacement. Wicked smart and funny.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Legalization of gay marriage.
35. Who did you miss?
My former co-workers.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
There are two and they’re both co-workers. Erin and Anne. They’re both fantastic people who I hope to be friends with forever.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Just be patient. (I’m never good at this.)