01 January 2010

2010 New Years Meme

Nipped from Linda at All & Sundry again this year. Here is Last Year's for handy reference.

You should do it too, it’s a fun way to look back on your year. If you post it in your blog, will you add your link to the comments here? I’d love to see your answers!!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Really made an effort to cook. Efforts paid off and while I still dislike it, it is nice having more skills. Oh, and better food.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?



I really didn't make any last year. I think I knew it was going to be a tough year & chose not to add more things to do.

My resolutions for 2010:

1. Continue cooking more.

2. Continue to simplify, in every way.

3. Try to remember not to enter into melodrama of any kind. I believe Swistle referred to it jackassery.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?



Nope. Everyone is beyond that age/stage of life.


4. Did anyone close to you die?



My dad


5. What countries did you visit?



"Oh Canada, our home & native land.."


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?



Time at home.


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

February 14 - D's Valentines Day party...Poor Kevin (:-D



August 16 - the last family gathering with my dad.

August 25 - my dad died


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?



Not losing my freaking mind, seriously.


9. What was your biggest failure?



I'm drawing a blank, so that's good right? I guess not writing more.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Accident free this time around. I did have the plague that landed me in bed for Two Weeks about a year ago.


11. What was the best thing you bought?



Plane tickets...books...


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?



Barack Obama. He inherited a mess and is fixing it, all the while encouraging us to do the same.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?



Any "celebrity" that made the "news" and the "news" that report on them.


14. Where did most of your money go?



Same as last year: Bills, Racecar, Vegas trip.


15. What did you get really excited about?



Talking to Rosie O'Donnell on the phone. I think that tops everything.


16. What song will always remind you of 2009?



"I Got A Feeling" Black Eyed Peas


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


– happier or sadder? Happier, in the grand scheme of things.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner, to my surprise.
– richer or poorer? Richer this year, surprisingly. We've been Lucky.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?



Relax at home, read, write, chill


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?



Running around, spending time in hospitals & care centers


20. How did you spend Christmas?



Eve - Quietly at my parents house. It was a complete different experience this year.

Day - Next door, the usual chaos.


21. Did you fall in love in 2009?



Multiple times.


22. What was your favorite TV program?



I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. The Mentalist, Castle, Brothers & Sisters.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?



No. I'm not a hater.


24. What was the best book you read?



Emily Giffin books.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?


Pandora, for sure. Oh, and the Coffeehouse channel on SIRIUS. It's audio narcotics.


26. What did you want and get?



Everything, I suppose. We're at the time of our lives that if we want it, we can usually get it.


27. What did you want and not get?



no drama!


28. What was your favorite film of this year?



I really didn't have a favorite until a few days ago, now it's The Hangover.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?



I turned 41, I am officially in my forties now. There's no avoiding it. Kev made sure it was a Good day.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Less Drama. Less being gone.






31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?



Casual, comfortable. I fell in love with Levi's again. I was successful in my quest to stop dressing like Wednesday Adams.


32. What kept you sane?



Mochas. Kevin. Friends. (including blogger friends)


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Craig Ferguson. Hello, my naughty monkey.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?



Continued battle for equal rights for the gay people of our world. Every Single One of Them


35. Who did you miss?



Friend lost to time & circumstances.


36. Who was the best new person you met?



In my job & in racing I meet many different people but no one is standing out.


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.



Everything is temporary. Hold on, hold tight, for this too shall pass.


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.



Another turning point

A fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist

Directs you where to go

So make the best of this test

And don't ask why

It's not a question

But a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable

But in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs

And still frames in your mind

Hang it on a shelf

Of good health and good time

Tattoos of memories

And dead skin on trial

For what it's worth

It was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable

But in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life

~ Green Day





No comments: