03 January 2010

After two weeks off, I am returning to work tomorrow. So Of Course we have houseguests tonight.

Our friends came down from Dawson Creek (Canada, not tvland) to pick up their racecar that has been here for almost a month. The brokerage paperwork has taken SO LONG that they're just now able to come get it.

The first plan was thwarted back in early December, before I was on vacation. It worked out though because we had a memorial service to attend that weekend.

The second plan was going to be on my birthday week but OF COURSE that didn't work out. (see: Very Merry Unbirthday)

The third plan was thwarted because our friends have to cross the border on a weekday. They were going to spend New Year's Eve with us but the timing just couldn't be worked out.

So now they're here. While I'm happy that they're here, I am still a little bit thinking "Really? Right before I go back to work. Really?" Because juggling bathrooms, earlier wake up time and the such will be *awesome*, she types not a little bit sarcastically.

It will be fun. It will be fine. Besides, I work two full weeks then have a three-day weekend for MLK Day so it's all good.

This looks like lovely accommodations, don't you think? The Dog won't be happy that we've relocated her bed but she'll get over it.


3 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I think it does look lovely. And maybe having guests will cheer you up when you get home tomorrow and are, sigh, tired of work already. At least that's where I am.

creative kerfuffle said...

i hate having company when it's a first day back to the routine. but, depending on the company, it can still be fun. i hope it's good company.

Bethany said...

I hope you had a good time with them but yes, that's such a hard time to have people over when you're trying to get back into the groove of the schedule!