05 January 2010

I'm Singing the Blues

So with the Christmas present FAIL, I ended up with a Walmart giftcard with $113 on it and No Bedding. I wandered the aisles of the brand new superstore but found nothing that I could live with. Or, actually, that wouldn't require a entire remodel of the room. I'm attracted to the red decor now, btw but it's a little too Red Light District, I think, for a bedroom. I also like the aqua and brown decor but it clashes with the carpet.

I've mentioned before that the house is in earth tones, dark green carpet & mottled sand/green valances. I'm getting a little tired of the earth tones so I've been adding a little dark blue & red here & there.

See, this is the current version of the bedroom:


A whole lotta shades of green and gold. I like it but it has been four years and Kevin mentioned the bedding the other day, which in Kevin-ese means it's time for a change.

So, what's my problem you ask?
Wouldn't you know it but BLUE has come back into fashion. Seriously. Four years ago I had an entire house of blue! My choices were blue, dark brown or girly-girl patterned. Kev doesn't really care what we sleep in but I think he'd draw the line at Holly Hobbie-esque decor.

He actually seemed interested in what I found online...Thank God for online shopping & Walmart's Ship to Store free shipping...so this is what I've tentatively chosen:As we have an older bedframe, *waterbed* cough*, I will need a new bedskirt. JCPenney, where I have a gift card for $9.73, has a dark brown corduroy one that I think will work well.
Then I will find some new-ish pillows and change the coverings on the bedtables if there is just too much green.

Anyone have opinions?

Oh, and how often do you change your bedding? Decor, not laundry, I mean. (:-D

3 comments:

Swistle said...

Let's see, I think I can tell you almost exactly. We've had four different comforters in 15 years---so about every 4 years, except that one comforter lasted about 1 month because we HATED it, so maybe more like every 5 years.

creative kerfuffle said...

we moved in our house seven years ago and at that time we painted the walls two shades of green. i'll have to send you a pic. at the time i thought i was SOOO martha stewart w/ it--top part light green, bottom a darker shade and i sponged a leaf border between the two. i am SOOOO over it. i haven't decided what i'm painting the room yet (but srsly leaning to brown) but i have looked at that exact bedding and trying to decide if i want it or some other brown combo. i think we've probably changed bedding once in the seven yrs we've been here. i love the idea of bedding but am such a damn cheap skate when it comes to spending money on it.

Bethany said...

Ohh I love that! I'm no help though, my comforter I've probably had for 5-8 years...it doesn't even match anything!