23 June 2007

Surprise!

So, I am chilling, watching Ralphie May on Comedy Central when the commercials come on. I am trying to convince myself to go do something constructive when a commercial comes on:

A couple sitting at a romantic dinner setting. The guy is smirking knowingly when the girl discovers a ring box. Typically, she opens it, her eyes widen, and she smiles.

But wait, what's that? The box is vibrating. WTF?

Now, my attention is caught. Cell phone? Panic button? What could it be?

Fade to text...Durex, the first of it's kind. A vibrating ring. A vibrator ring.
It looks like a child's toy but it's not. Oh, well it's a toy but ...

I've got nothing...I'm not a prude but Damn. Oh My God. I think I need a shower now, and not in a good way. I have no other words, just a shudder and the sudden need to go watch a Disney Movie to cleanse my brain.

Oh wait, yes I do have something else to say. Do you know how pissed I would be? P-I-S-S-E-D. Give me a ring box and have it turn out to be a sex toy. Tell you what, that toy would be inserted someplace I'm sure Durex never intended it to be inserted.

One last thing: Can you imagine being the ad guys for that product? I would love to hear the pitches that ended up on the cutting room floor.

No comments: