18 October 2011

Too Damn Early

Kevin's alarm goes off at 5:15 every morning and he's out the door about fifteen minutes later. (yes, I know, we hate him)

For the longest time I went back to bed after he left.  Then I started over-sleeping because I am so burnt-out so I made a drastic change.  I began staying up until it was time to get ready for work.

Historically I give myself the least amount of time between awake & leaving for work because I will get distracted and next thing I know, I am late.  Not so much recently though.

I am also surprised to report that I have yet to take someones life or fall asleep at work. 

After Kevin leaves I do a few chores to make sure I stay awake.  I start/finish laundry, I start/finish dishes, I make the bed.  I have to wait until the blankets aren't still warm from us or Game Over.  I'm so going back to bed.

After that I sit on the couch and catch up on the dvr.  I drink coffee and have breakfast.  I chill.  This morning is the first morning that I actually took a little snooze.

I am also surprised to report that this has helped my stabby mood at work.  I have yet to understand why but it has.  Also, I am so tired by 9:00 pm that I am not staying up until all hours. 

I tried once to bring the laptop over and convince myself to write but it's just too effing early for anything good to come of that.  I was all caught up on my social media that morning however.

So, that's what I'm up to.  How about you?  What do you do in the morning before work?

No comments: